Latosa Concepts, FMA summer vacation strength and conditioning
I hope ya’ll are doing well. it’s time for some more inspiration for your strength and conditioning during the summer vacation or just any other day.
My family rents a summer house every summer. We just returned home after some time away. With my day job being as physically tough on my 51 yr old body, my vacation was a time for me to focus on my self every morning. This is a description of what I did after my coffee. I hope it inspires you to get off the sofa ! I did a type of station training, repeating the stations.
- Coffee and sitting in the yard watching the sun come up!
- Get the rope out and find a good tree to hang from
- Grab your Escrima tools, (Mine were: 2 sticks, 3 knives, and a hatchet that I made a ergonomic handle for)
- Start doing right handed and left handed fig-8, high-high-low, and many other patterns.
- Do a few sit-ups, push ups, back ext., squats and more to warm up.
- Now you can do free forming or just strike pattern training with your weapon combo. Change every time you come back to it,
- Do one type of frontal sit-ups, then side/lateral core muscle training, then back extension of your desire.
- Do 2 types of push-ups every time you you start them.
- Do some lung training. Jumping from side to side. (see pictures)
- Do some pull and back shoulder training. (see picture)
- Repeat, repeat, repeat,repeat, repeat, repeat, and repeat all stations!
- Do some stretching
- Eat some breakfast, read a book or just hang out.
- The rest of the day should be used on your family.
Note!, the core training changed every time I did it, if you are looking for ideas, there are gobs of ideas on YouTube. The same for the push ups. There are many forms. Because you are doing this program every day, you should leave a little gas in the tank when doing the exercises. An example would be making sure you can do one or two more push-up etc. Then you stop and move on to the next exercise.
I have done the same at the fitness center. The sticks were replaced with heavy bag work. Some exercises were, walking lunges, step ups, asymmetric squats, wrestlers press, pull ups and more. Today, I did bag work, deadlifts and twisting bend over rows and then core training. Tomorrow I will do pushing/squatting/lunge exercises with more core training and bag work.
Enjoy folks! Talk at you later.
Stay Proactive in life and Training